Dr. Teesha Morgan is a Sex Therapist and Couples Counsellor with over 12 years experience in the field. Her educational is based in the psychological sciences – as she obtained a Bachelors of Science degree with a Major in Psychology – and progressed into the arts, with a Masters of Counselling degree specializing in Sex Therapy. Dr. Morgan then furthered her knowledge of the sexual field by obtaining both an Associate in Sex Education and Clinical Sexology certificate, making her one of the few Sex Therapists and Clinical Sexologists in Canada. She finally concluded her studies by receiving a Doctorate in Human Sexuality.
Dr. Morgan specializes in couples counselling – regardless if the problems are rooted in a sexuality based concern – and helps to address issues such as communication concerns and conflicts, infidelity, trust/betrayal, difficulties with intimacy and boundaries, life transitions, personal growth, reconnection and repair or healing.
In addition to running a full time private practice, Dr. Morgan is a practicum supervisor, adjunct professor at Adler University, and is the co-founder of The Westland Academy of Clinical Sex Therapy
Additional work includes:
- TEDx Speaker, May 2015 – Masturbation Myths
- Partnered with companies such as Johnson & Johnson (KY Brand), Warner Brothers, Bayer & WeVibe
- Published author featured in various news outlets and magazines (e.g. Chatelaine Magazine, Flare Magazine, Globe and Mail, Toronto Sun, Calgary Herald, Canada Living, Huffington Post etc).
- Keynote Speaker and member of The National Speakers Bureau
- Media Guest Expert – Appearances including: Global National and local Global Affiliates, The Marilyn Denis Show, Shaw TV Breakfast Television, Dragons Den, Rogers Daytime Ottawa, Sex Matters Toronto’s CTV etc.
- Co-author of Heads Up: Increase your sexual confidence, expand your sexual repertoire and get the real low down on oral sex.
- Canadian Certified Counsellor #1857 (CCC Designation) with the CCPA (Canadian Counselling & Psychotherapy Association)